Isabella Rotman quotes her mom on the second page of Not On My Watch, “they should teach this bystander crap in kindergarten.” And it really is a no-brainer, but every day we hear about preventable sexual harassment or assault in the news or from loved ones. So Isabella has spelled it all out in a must-read zine on how YOU can help prevent sexual violence!
Isabella’s comic is written and drawn in an accessible, no-nonsense language that busts down feelings of helplessness, and empowers readers with information and encouragement that you can be part of the solution when you witness a problem. While Not On My Watch is geared toward college students, it’s useful for individuals of any age, and covers the following important topics:
1. Consent is an enthusiastic YES.
2. How to call people on their harassing language.
3. Watching out for your friends and strangers, and how to intervene when you witness unsafe or potentially violent activities.
4. Making sure YOU are safe!
5. How to help a friend (or yourself) who is in an abusive relationship.
This is a must-read zine, for anyone who knows other humans.